Now Hiring! for a Program Assistant in Asheville
Arts For Life Asheville is seeking candidates for a new Program Assistant position at Mission Children’s Hospital. This is a regular staff position for 15 hours a week, with a pay rate of $14 per hour. The Program Assistant will primarily teach the arts to patients and their family members at both the Pediatric Inpatient Unit and the Pediatric Oncology Outpatient Clinic at Mission Children’s Hospital, as well as assist in lesson preparation and art kit assembly.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive experience teaching the visual arts to youth
- Proficiency in a wide range of artistic mediums
- Is highly adaptable and thrives in nontraditional educational settings
- Has a high level of comfort in healthcare settings, particularly inpatient
- Is bilingual.
- A minimum of a high school diploma
- At least 3 years of experience teaching art, in a variety of mediums, to youth and young adults ages 2-21
- This position requires up-to-date immunizations, annual flu shots, and satisfactory background check
- Fill out the online application by 5:00PM on Friday, February 2, 2018.
- Must provide a letter (PDF, not to exceed 1 page) that explains why you would be a great fit for the position and highlights relevant experience in teaching youth.
- Must provide 3 professional references.
- Must provide 3 examples of past art projects you have taught to youth successfully, or a link to an online portfolio.
People of color, people with disabilities, and people from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Arts for Life values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Arts for Life is committed to equality of employment and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.