Now Hiring! Development Coordinators in the Triad + Triangle
Arts For Life is seeking candidates for a Development Coordinator in our Winston-Salem/Triad and Durham/Triangle chapters. The Development Coordinator is charged with raising the support needed from the community to successfully carry out our mission in children’s hospitals and clinics.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and implementing the organization’s fundraising efforts; specifically the Annual Fund (individual and organizational donations) and Grants & Foundations. The Development Coordinator also plans and coordinates community outreach events, marketing efforts, and public relations, as well as manages a team of community volunteers.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive experience in fundraising and development
- Has excellent communication skills: written, verbal, and public speaking
- Has excellent priority and time management skills, is a self-starter, and thrives on results-oriented work
- Has experience in recruiting, managing, and motivating volunteers
- Has a passion for the power of arts in health environments, and helping children and families
A typical week’s activities may include:
- Visiting with a major donor to share updates or ask for a gift
- Recruiting a chairperson for our annual Rise & Shine breakfast benefit
- Preparing for and supporting the Community Council at monthly meetings
- Representing Arts For Life at a community event
- Giving a presentation to a Rotary Club
- Writing a grant application
- Soliciting a sponsorship from a local business
- Shadowing an Arts For Life teacher at the art table in the hospital
- Promoting the annual art show through marketing and PR efforts
- Writing an appeal letter to mail to donors
- Calling donors to thank them for their recent gifts
- Updating the donor database
- Meeting with program staff to discuss upcoming needs and special community events
This position requires up-to-date immunizations, annual flu shots, and satisfactory background check in order to visit the hospital on a regular basis.
This position is open to applicants in two ways:
- Part-time (20 hours/week, with possibility of additional hours in the future, pending growth of the chapter), one Development Coordinator each in Winston-Salem [job description] and Durham [job description]
- Full-time (40 hours/week), covering the entire Winston-Salem + Durham Region [job description]; based in either community.
Applicants may opt to be considered for both.
- Fill out the online application by 11:59PM on Friday, April 6, 2018.
- Must provide a letter (PDF, not to exceed 1 page) that explains why you would be a great fit for the position and highlights relevant experience in fundraising and development.
- Must provide 3 professional references.
Arts For Life is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting pediatric patients and their families through arts education and engagement. By providing educational art programs, we enrich patient’s lives, nurture their minds and spirits, and encourage positive healthcare experiences for children and their families. At Arts For Life, our core values are creativity, learning, compassion, collaboration, and inclusion.
People of color, people with disabilities, and people from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Arts for Life values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented staff from diverse backgrounds. Arts for Life is committed to equality of employment and does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status.