NOW HIRING! Business & Operations Manager, Art Well Kits
FULL-TIME, BENEFITS ELIGIBLE
Salary range $40,000 – 55,000
Arts For Life is seeking an experienced Business & Operations Manager to lead and oversee the work of Art Well Kits, an earned-revenue division of the nonprofit organization Arts For Life. The Business & Operations Manager will be responsible for establishing and growing successful sales relationships, setting and achieving strategic marketing goals, coordinating all aspects of product development, and ensuring the efficiency of business operations.
The goal will be to ensure the profitability of Art Well Kits’ activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success, thereby supporting the mission of Arts For Life, as well as identifying additional strategic partnership opportunities with prospective hospital partners as well as retail opportunities.
The ideal candidate:
Will be well-versed and experienced in all matters business, sales, and product development. They will be an effective leader able to build a successful business matching the vision and culture set forth by Arts For Life and Art Well Kits. They will be both driven by results and motivated by a personal mission to make a difference in the world. They will have an entrepreneurial spirit and excel at execution, setting and keeping to deadlines, and coordinating the many moving parts and people who make Art Well Kits happen. They will be based in Asheville, NC, or within a reasonable driving distance (for as frequently as weekly trips to the warehouse in Asheville).
- In conjunction with Arts For Life leadership and consultants, design and implement business plans and strategies to meet financial and mission-aligned goals of Art Well Kits.
- Implement business plans and strategies by securing consistent sales that meet business goals, including – but not limited to – subscription clients for Art Well Kits.
- Assess new opportunities in current and potential markets.
- Develop website, print and online materials, and sales materials for the company.
- Manage social media accounts for the company.
- Maintain positive communication with clients and ensure timely and quality delivery of their subscriptions.
- Ensure that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to conduct its activities (e.g. people, material, equipment, etc.)
- Organize and coordinate operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure production of art well kits is timely, quality, and sufficient to meet all orders.
- Supervise the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Gather, analyze and interpret external and internal data and write reports.
- Assess overall company performance against objectives.
- Represent the company at events, conferences, etc.
- Ensure adherence to legal rules and guidelines.
- Proven experience as a successful sales manager
- Proven experience in product development and production
- Proven experience as business manager or relevant experience
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Thorough understanding of diverse business processes and strategy development
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, databases, and information systems
- Good understanding of research methods and data analysis techniques
- Reliable vehicle and ability to travel throughout North Carolina and the U.S. to represent Art Well Kits
- BSc/Ba in Business Management or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Experience in the healthcare industry will be a plus
Sample Job Duties
- Meeting with key hospital personnel across the country
- Attending conferences to market Art Well Kits
- Managing and meeting with Marketing + Creative team and Production team
- Creating Marketing Plan for Art Well Kits
- Implementing evaluation tools to determine effectiveness of kits
- Preparing sales reports for Arts For Life leadership
- Preparing budgets and financial statements and forecasting
- Visiting the warehouse to oversee production and ensure quality control
About Art Well Kits
Art Well Kits are a subsidiary of Arts For Life, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that brings arts education and engagement to pediatric patients and their families in children’s hospitals and clinics. Arts For Life’s primary activities include teacher-facilitated artmaking and creative experiences; Art Well Kits fulfill a need for art-based activities that patients and family members can experience independent of a trained art teacher. Art Well Kits are primarily marketed to hospitals and clinics on a subscription model, as well as retail presence for schools, daycares, summer camps, and individuals.
Wow us: send your cover letter – detailing proven sales and business management track record – and résumé in a single PDF to email@example.com
Full job description can be found here.
We Believe in Diversity
Inclusion is a core value of Arts For Life. In our hospital and clinic programs, we practice the idea that everyone is welcome at the art table, and that carries over to our workspace and hiring process. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage people from underrepresented communities to apply.