Hosting a Table at Rise & Shine Charlotte
All About Table Hosting!
Thank you for considering hosting a table at our Rise & Shine breakfast on Thursday, October 17. It’s a powerful, fun, and easy way for you to help bring the healing power of the arts to children who need it most: patients in treatment for illnesses and disabilities.
Our breakfast is a simple, powerful, mission-focused event, consisting of speakers who know Arts For Life best and a slideshow video. While there is no charge to attend the event (and no up-front cost to host a table), there WILL be a request for support at the end of the breakfast.
How to Host a Table at Rise and Shine
- Register online confirming your attendance and participation as a TABLE HOST.
- Identify friends, family, and colleagues to fill a table of 10 who are interested in supporting Arts For Life. You may also recruit a friend to “co-host” a table of 10 together.
- Share the invitation [SEE BELOW] and/or the event page + registration link and/or the Facebook event page [coming soon] with your guests so they can confirm their attendance by registering online. (See sample email script at the bottom of this page; feel free to copy, paste, and customize.) If you have guests who you know are planning to attend but you’d prefer to RSVP online for them, you can do that using the same RSVP link that you used – all you’ll need is your guests’ name and email address. They will receive an automated email from us, confirming their attendance. Please let us know if you’d like PRINTED invitations: how many and where to mail them!
- Join us for breakfast! on Thursday, October 17 at 8:30AM at Carmel Country Club [NEW LOCATION this year!]
From 8:30-9:15AM, you can welcome and mingle with your guests, serve your breakfast, and find your seat. The event will start at 9:15AM and end by 10:00AM at which point guests are free to leave or linger and catch up with you for a few more minutes.
- Thank your guests after the event for attending! We have Arts For Life-artist-designed thank you cards available for you in hard copy or electronically.
Who should I invite?
Friends, family, neighbors, business associates, and community leaders who may not know much about Arts For Life, but who share our passion for helping the young patients and families of our community.
Can I ONLY invite someone who’s new to Arts For Life?
No, the breakfast can also be an ideal place for those who have been casually acquainted with Arts For Life or supported us in the past to get more deeply connected with and actively engaged in our work.
How much money is the breakfast expected to raise?
Our goal for this year’s breakfast is to raise at least $60,000.
Curious to know who has RSVPed to sit at your table?
Contact Lari Powell Hatley, Arts For Life’s Development Director.
That’s all there is to it! We’re honored to have you join our host team and serve in this special way. Thank you!!
Sample Invitation Email for Rise & Shine
OPTIONAL: Right-click to save this graphic to plug into your email:
I’m writing to invite you to be my guest for a really special event on Thursday, October 17 at Carmel Country Club. It’s the 5th annual Rise & Shine breakfast benefit for Arts For Life.
You’ve probably heard me talk about Arts For Life before! If not, Arts For Life is a nonprofit dedicated to helping pediatric and families in our community, through the healing power of the arts. [FILL IN THE BLANK: Arts For Life’s mission is dear to my heart because… / I first learned about Arts For Life when… / I’m involved with Arts For Life because…].
If you’re curious to learn more about Arts For Life, I encourage you to check out their website! Arts For Life is about helping kids learn, create, and heal while they’re in treatment at Levine Children’s Hospital and three other communities across the state of North Carolina.
The Rise & Shine breakfast is their biggest annual fundraising event, and I’m delighted to serve as a table host this year. Will you come to the breakfast with me, to support Arts For Life’s inspiring young artists and families?
You can click here to find details about the breakfast + save your seat today! There is no cost to attend the event but there will be an request for support made at the end of the program.
Thank you for considering supporting Arts For Life and me in this special way!